Sunday, October 6, 2013

We're Prego!



Pregnancy is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get. I had started wanting to have kids pretty bad, so when Brett and I found out I was expecting, I was pretty much bouncing off the walls. I kind of had the attitude of, bring it on mother nature and oh how I've eaten my words... here's how the story has gone so far

Weeks 4-9: This was a pretty lovely time. Besides passing out once in the kitchen and the occasional nausea not too much had changed. I was mostly just excited to be pregnant, terrified of having a miscarriage, and desperately wishing I could tell more people.

Week: 10-14: This was my hugging the toilet time of pregnancy. I can now say that I have puked in many different places including my apartment, my work office, Kemah boardwalk, and LaVell Edward's Stadium. The 3 hour block of church can not happen without snacks anymore - I would die. I have grown a recent fondness for tortilla chips in the morning. They just sound more appetizing than anything else I can think of to eat. I also miss sleeping through the night. Every single night it seems I wake up at about 3 AM and need to pee.

Funny Pregnancy Moment: We have church at 11 AM which is great because I usually get sick at 9 AM on the dot but bad because I also feel sick if I don't get lunch. One Sunday, it was about 10:40 (so we     needed to leave in 10 minutes) but I was already a little hungry and I knew it would be bad news if I didn't eat something. The problem was, the one thing I could think of that sounded good, so good, was a bacon sandwich. Needless to say, Brett came out of our bedroom and found me hacking at a pound of rock hard frozen bacon from the freezer with the biggest knife we have. I made the bacon sandwich, it was the best thing I had ever tasted, and it was a great meeting.

Latest Check Up: Went to the Dr. for a check up, and baby Shaw doesn't look like a peanut anymore! It has a cute nose, cute legs crossed Indian style, and lots of cute individual vertebrae (everything's cute when it involves your baby). My Dr. couldn't get the baby to move even with prodding so we're hoping this is a sign that it really likes to sleep (crossing fingers). We are also hoping that the baby's legs aren't crossed next time because they we will probably find out the gender!

Week 15: The sickness is finally slowing down, not gone, but slowing down for sure. I feel like I definitely look pregnant now, but that scale from the Dr. office says I haven't gained any weight yet. Either way, I thought it would be fun to start taking pictures and see how we grow.


  


6 comments:

  1. Get used to the not sleeping thing. If you think it ends it doesn't. You get to feed and change them and then before long the next one comes. Go with flow. Enjoy the first one and take every chance to sleep that you can including and especially after the baby comes home. We are also excited to find out what you are heaving. We talked about it today and started thinking about throwing you a shower while you are here for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you both very very much. Hang in there. It is tough at times, but it is great! Love, Mom (Shaw)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! It's SO crazy that you're pregnant! That post made it seem more real than before. Oh my heck! Julie! This is so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is surreal to think that little Julie is pregnant! But you will be a great mom just like the rest of the Rasmussen (including those not currently named Rasmussen) women are. I hope you're done with the morning sickness. I can say from recent experience that barfing is miserable. At least you get a nice little bundle of joy for your troubles! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you to be a mom! I hope you love being pregnant (as hard as it was, I sure miss it). Keep posting on the blog so I can stalk you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's SO awesome, Julie! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete